Finished this lace section … jokingly called it the air conditioning panel. It was less straightforward to work than I expected as I kept neglecting the final YO for the (k2tog, yo) rows. Trying not to make the whole thing garter stitch. Will the next stripe become brioche or will I finally finish the other not-tv knitting row that is a purl stitch diagonal. Debating if I should’ve made wider stripes but this seems a good fit for my current night time tv or sitting in traffic attention span.
I finished the first new stripe in moss stitch. It’s about 31 inches (79 cm) and 72 slipped stitches at each edge. This next one is a diagonal garter stitch design that I’m finding a challenge to work on ws rows. I’m only about 8 inches (20 cm) in. I may set it aside to work on another stripe.
Extreme traffic provided more knitting time than I expected. I find moss stitch, the pattern for this stripe extremely challenging to work. It either turns into seed stitch or ribbing. I’m not completely sure where the final length will be. I think I’m aiming for around 92cm (36 in).
as I look at the blanket with the second stripe completed, I recognize that it doesn’t work. So ripping and reworking with a better plan and more involvement from E on colors and examples of layout. Unsure exactly if this will work but it feels better right now. But first to wind (or rewind) 980 yards. Whiee.