- Pattern — Color Affection by Veera Välimäki
- Project Type — Shawl/Scarf
- Project started — 2023-03-05
- Project completed — 2023-04-02
- Worked with — 4mm needle
- Yarn(s) — 85g molly girl boogie woogie in “between halloweens” (grey); 70g artyarns merino cloud in “2246” (charcoal tonal);90 g mystery fingering weight (tonal greens)
Jump to project log notes.
Jump to image gallery.
I’ve wanted to work up this design for over a decade… finally realized that it won’t knit itself.
It’s well planned… by the time I was bored with the solid section, I began the stripes. As that began to be tedious, I started the short rows. They were apparently so engaging that I knit extra repeats.
The shawl is huge and squishy and I love it. One day I’ll measure it.
almost nextRead more: almost next
Two repeats until the second section. However, am now questioning my yarn choice and hoping this works. I’ve now gotten the rhythm of the increases for the first section. It’s decent car knitting. The molly girl has a nice twist and works up well.
finally begunRead more: finally begun
I’m working the yarns from grey to ice blue/purple to purple. In black and white they don’t have much contrast but I think it’ll work. I hope so. It took a few repeats but I can now read the knitting and not have to think so much about when I need to do the double…