- Pattern — Color Affection by Veera Välimäki
- Project Type — Shawl/Scarf
- Project started — 2023-03-05
- Project completed — 2023-04-02
- Worked with — 4mm needle
- Yarn(s) — 85g molly girl boogie woogie in “between halloweens” (grey); 70g artyarns merino cloud in “2246” (charcoal tonal);90 g mystery fingering weight (tonal greens)
Jump to project log notes.
Jump to image gallery.
I’ve wanted to work up this design for over a decade… finally realized that it won’t knit itself.
It’s well planned… by the time I was bored with the solid section, I began the stripes. As that began to be tedious, I started the short rows. They were apparently so engaging that I knit extra repeats.
The shawl is huge and squishy and I love it. One day I’ll measure it.
Binding off!Read more: Binding off!
Using Jeny’s surprisingly stretchy bind off. Running errands (as passenger) so hopefully it’ll go quickly.
Pattern modsRead more: Pattern mods
Apparently I’ll do 8.5 repeats of the short rows, almost did a full 9 but I want this finished already. That’s what I get for not paying attention and going on autopilot, discovered when I was at 7.5 repeats. Thankfully I have enough of c2.
Endless progressRead more: Endless progress
Each short row is getting longer. I’m over 3/4 complete with this section. I’m very happy with my final color choices. I can’t wait to finish it.
Leave a Reply